The National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE) is a leader in traumatic brain injury (TBI) care, research, and education. With its dedicated staff, the NICoE improves the lives of patients and families impacted by TBI through excellence and innovation. Providing clinicians and researchers hands-on experience gives the NCIoE an opportunity to influence care both within the Military Health System and civilian sectors.
Why the NICoE is a Great Place to Work
- We use state-of-the-art technology, such as the CAREN (Computer Assisted Rehabilitation Environment), one of only about a dozen such machines in the world featuring a motion platform, embedded treadmill, and virtual environments for evaluating and rehabilitating a patient’s vision, reaction time, movement and multitasking ability.
- We use some of the most advanced imaging technologies in the world, including a Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (PET-CT), 3 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and Magnetoencephalography (MEG), that allow providers to view brain scans and images in multiple dimensions.
- We specialize in treating patients with a holistic approach and use the skills and experiences of our staff to provide well-rounded, patient-centered care.
- We have the opportunity to work with many top professionals across a number of areas to learn more about TBI and psychological health conditions and how we can collaborate on research and treatment for our patients.
Careers at the NICoE
- For a list of current public openings, please visit the USAJobs.gov page.
Residents and Interns
After review of applications and depending on the capacity of NICoE providers and other staff to fulfill required responsibities, the NICoE may accept medical residents and interns for both our clinical and research departments. To inquire about availability of these programs, please contact us at:
email@example.com. Your request will be routed to the most appropriate personnel.