Provider Education Resources
These materials give providers tips and tools on how to asses and treat patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Pocket Card - This pocket guide is a quick reference tool for providers on how to assess, treat and manage patients with mild TBI and related symptoms.
- Moderate to Severe TBI Fact Sheet - Providers can use this fact sheet to educate the families and caregivers of patients with a moderate or severe TBI. The fact sheet describes the common signs and symptoms, stages of treatment, and provides coping and recovery tips.
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Fact Sheet - This fact sheet provides an overview of DVBIC’s care coordination, education, clinical care, research and network locations.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicines, Modalities and Interventions Fact Sheet – This fact sheet classifies complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) treatments. CAM is a group of diverse clinical and health practices, such as yoga and acupuncture, which can be used along with or in place of traditional treatment options.
- Mild TBI Symptom Management: Changes in Behavior, Personality or Mood – Providers can use this fact sheet to teach patients with mild TBI how to manage changes in behavior and mood related to their injury.
For more tips, tools and information on how to treat and manage TBI, including clinical recommendations, please visit the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center’s (DVBIC) education resources page.
For a list of free DVBIC-sponsored training opportunities for military and civilian health care providers, including online courses, webinars, TBI Clinical Grand Rounds and upcoming conferences, please visit https://dvbic.dcoe.mil/training