Pregnancy and Child Birth
Baby on the way? Congratulations! This is one of, if not, the most important of family events.
WRNMMC is the premier military hospital in the National Capital Area for prenatal care and delivery in our exceptional Mother and Infant Care Center. Specialists also provide advanced care for high risk pregnancies and deliveries that are referred locally and from around the world. If your newborn needs special care, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is ready.
Our family-centered care approach encourages family support, your active participation, and choices before, during, and after your baby’s birth.
Give you and your baby the best of all gifts. Enroll in WRNMMC Obstetrics for early and regular prenatal check-ups.
Your prenatal visits will include education to prepare you and your family to become parents.
Get answers to all of your questions and concerns during these visits.
More on WRNMMC Obstetrics.
Prenatal Assessment Center
Acute (short-term) and chronic (long-term) conditions are treated.
High risk obstetric patients are served from the National Capital Region as well as worldwide.
More on the Prenatal Assessment Center.
Mother and Infant Care Center (MICC)
- Experience birth in comfortable, home-like surroundings with an attentive staff.
- Your specialists will employ the most modern concepts in childbirth philosophy, technology, and design for expectant parents.
- Your support is encouraged.
- MICC is one of the largest birthing centers in the Department of Defense medical system.
- Over 1,800 babies are born here every year!
- More on Mother and Infant Care Center.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- This is a Department of Defense Center of Excellence.
- NICU specialists use the most advanced medical technologies available.
- Your baby will receive around the clock care by compassionate and attentive staff.
- Over 400 high-risk critically ill newborns each year are treated in WRNMMC's NICU.
- More on NICU.