What is Mind-Body Medicine?
- Mind-Body Medicine is an approach that sees the mind (our thoughts and emotions) as having a central impact on the health of our body.
- Mind-body skills taught here include mindfulness, yoga, relaxation, and positive psychology techniques. These skills have no negative side-effects and are an excellent complement to traditional medical care
Some of the proven benefits of practicing mind-body skills on a regular basis include:
- Nervous system balance and resiliency
- Anger management
- Improved focus and attention
- Enhanced positive emotions, mood, perception of life
- Improved immunity
- Lower blood pressure
- And the list continues
The Mind-Body Medicine Program is part of our Integrated Health Service in General Internal Medicine and the Warrior Clinic.