We provide secure, efficient and accurate management of outpatient and inpatient medical records. We also process requests for medical records and healthcare information from other military medical treatment facilities (MTFs), healthcare institutions, patients and their lawful representatives. As an accredited medical institution, we abide by standards and policies that ensure the privacy and confidentiality of your treatment information.
Your medical record is used to:
- Evaluate and treat your condition
- Plan your care
- Document your diagnosis, treatment, and change in condition
- Keep your information current
- Communicate with your healthcare providers
- Assist in protecting your legal interests and those of WRNMMC, your providers, and the DoD
- Justify costs incurred by third party payers
- Accurately communicate between your healthcare providers and other patient services such as utilization management, risk management, quality assurance, and outside agencies.
For these reasons, it is necessary for your medical record to "live" at WRNMMC as long as you receive care at our facility.
Correspondence and Copies
We can process requests for copies of both inpatient and outpatient medical records. We understand how important your medical record is to you and will be happy to make a copy for your personal files. For a copy of your medical record, please hand deliver, mail, or fax a DD Form 2870 (Authorization for Disclosure of Medical or Dental Information). Please note: we need an original signature from the requester to fully process a request.