Health Services


Social Work and Grief Support

Inpatient Social Work

Social workers consult with inpatient medical and surgical services to coordinate safe and timely transfers to rehabilitation (acute, sub-acute, or skilled nursing) facilities. They facilitate continuity of care and advocate on behalf of patients and families as needed.

Outpatient Intervention

We will help you and your family locate health care alternatives to hospital admission. We understand you will be happiest and healthiest at home and functioning in your community. Social workers can have many roles, and focus on providing patient-and-family-centered care. We provide counseling, education, and referrals to community resources.  We also provide support for adjusting to school, employment and military readiness. We are the bridge connecting families to their medical teams. We also conduct individual therapy with adults and children, grief counseling, and groups for those with acute or chronic illnesses.

First Line Family Resource and Support

We reach out to help your family with emotional support, make decisions with you or on your behalf, and help you navigate the military health care system.

Medical Crisis Counseling and Bereavement Support

We are here to help you and your family through a medical crisis such as a new diagnosis, hospitalization or major procedure, limb loss, and end-of-life concerns.

Additional Services

  • Support groups
  • Wellness classes
  • Patient education
  • Psychosocial programs
  • Information and referral
  • Psychoeducational groups
  • Staff education/consultation
  • New Parents Support
  • Post-Partum Depression Counseling

Public Benefits

Support Organizations for Military Families 

Crisis Intervention 

Retiree/Senior Support 

Contact Us


Monday thru Friday
0730 - 1600


Main:(301) 295-1719DSN:295-1719Appointments:(301) 295-1719


Email Us

Additional Information

Customer Service Survey

Medical/Surgical Social Work services can be accessed by obtaining a consult from an WRNMMC physician or clinic. Please contact your doctor, and request they enter a consult for Social Work (SOC WRK MED BE).

Wellness Network
Don't forget to keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.