Outpatient Clinical Nutrition Services
Our dietitians and exercise physiologist can help you develop personalized goals to manage your weight, eat healthy and reduce your risk for chronic diseases.
Top reasons to see a registered dietitian:
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure or want to reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases.
- You need to gain or lose some weight.
- You are thinking of having or have had weight loss surgery.
- You have digestive problems.
- You’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
- Your teenager has issues with food and eating healthfully.
- You want to improve your performance in sports.
Top reasons to see an exercise physiologist:
- You want to decrease your risk for chronic diseases or want help managing current ailments.
- You want know your body composition and how to lose weight.
- You want to know how to exercise effectively.
- You want to learn new exercise techniques and become acquainted with current exercise guidelines.
If you have any of these concerns, please make an appointment with Outpatient Clinical Nutrition Services.
Educational Classes and Workshops:
Weight Management Workshop (Active Duty & Beneficiaries) – also known as Fit For Performance:
A nutrition and weight management class designed to provide participants with basic information regarding nutrition, stress management, exercise, and behavior modification techniques to lower and maintain body weight and percent body fat. Attendance is open to all DoD beneficiaries, especially anyone who exceeds, or is in danger of exceeding body composition assessment standards. Classes are offered Fridays 1300-1430. Please contact the clinic at 301.295.4065 to reserve a spot.
Bariatric Surgery & Nutrition Therapy:
A dedicated Registered Dietitian is available in the General Surgery Clinic for Bariatric Surgery patients (pre-op and post-op). Please call 301.400.2189 to schedule a visit with the Bariatric RD. The RD provides nutrition therapy via:
Pre-operative Bariatric Patients seeking Exercise Physiology Services may attend a twice-monthly class. Call (301) 295-4065 to register!
- Individual patient visits
- Pre-operative support groups held weekly
- Post-operative support groups held weekly
Patients are highly encouraged to schedule follow-up appointments with dietitians after attending any group session. For questions, call Outpatient Clinical Nutrition Services.