Walk-in Contraceptive Services
Get all your contraceptive care in one place:
WRNMMC's Obstetrics Clinic
All beneficiaries, regardless of gender identity, are eligible for care and counseling at walk-in contraceptive clinics and can receive education on safe sexual practices, contraceptives, and STI prevention and treatment.
The clinic is open every Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Same day short-acting reversible contraceptives and refills (birth control pill, patch, ring, etc.)
- Same day long-acting reversible contraceptives (Depo Provera, IUD, Nexplanon)
- Emergency contraception
- Permanent sterilization counseling and scheduling
- Options counseling for undesired pregnancy
How it Works
The Walk-in Contraception Clinic is available to all TRICARE-eligible beneficiaries. No appointment necessary.
First come, first served, with a maximum of twelve patients per day
Numbers are handed out starting at 7:00 a.m.
For same day placement of IUD or Nexplanon, we recommend:
- No intercourse for 2 weeks or
- Consistent use of contraceptive prior to placement of IUD or Nexplanon or
- Placement within first 7 days of normal menses or
- Within 6 weeks postpartum or
- Is within 7 days from spontaneous or induced abortion or
- Is fully of nearly fully breastfeeding, not experiencing menses, and <6 months postpartum