Personal Financial Management Program
The FFSC provides free financial education, training and individualized counseling that emphasize long-term financial responsibility. Financial Counselors help service members and their families, Retirees, and Civilians. For more information contact us at (301) 319-4087 or usn.bethesda.nsabethesdamd.list.NNMC-FFSC@mail.mil.
You can get help, assistance and guidance from an Accredited Financial Counselor for FREE. We have resources and answers. Get help with:
1. Analyzing your credit report or credit scores
2. Discussing your investments and retirement (TSP) options
3. Creating a budget/spending plan
4. Developing a game plan for working through sticky debt problems
5. Preparing a financial action plan for separating or retiring
6. Working up a detailed savings plan for a major purchase (like a house or car)
7. And much more
Contact the Bethesda Fleet & Family Support Center now at 301-319-4087, E-Mail: usn.bethesda.nsabethesdamd.list.NNMC-FFSC@mail.mil
or if you would like to be contacted by a financial counselor, click the link below and add "financial coaching" for workshop name.
To register for classes, call (301) 319-4087, email usn.bethesda.nsabethesdamd.list.NNMC-FFSC@mail.mil.
Developing your Spending Plan
This workshop is designed for those looking to learn about and develop successful money management skills. Topics include understanding and establishing spending plans, saving strategies, making wise consumer choices and more. Whether you are just starting out or simply want to tune-up your existing system come to this class to get smart ideas on effective ways to manage your money.
Raising Financially Fit Kids
Would you like your older teenager to be a good money manager and better understand the steps necessary for beginning a healthy financial journey? This 2 hour financial workshop is designed for mature teens between the ages of 16 and 18 who have a serious desire to learn proper steps toward financial health. This workshop will provide a basic introduction to money, basic budgeting, credit management and basic saving and investing.
How’s Your Credit?
1. How to get your credit report and analyze it
2. Access your FICO credit score
3. Discern the other scoring systems out there that you need to be concerned about
4. How to work through bad debt situations and clean them up
5. Solve the debt collector "game" and come out on top
6. Create a plan for wealth creation; especially after bad debt and too much debt.
So you say you want a new car? Maybe that dream car? Well, come to the FFSC’s car buying workshop and learn the basic do’s and don’ts of buying either your first car or your next car.
Home Buying Workshop
Here's what you will take away from the class:
1. Getting Ready - financial fitness for homeownership
2. Obtaining Financing - the loan application process
3. Selecting the Home, Contracting for Sale, Due Diligence
4. Getting to the Settlement Table and beyond
Need to make your money work for you? Want to learn the differences between stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange traded funds? Come learn details and when which investment makes the most sense for your specific goals and risk tolerance.
The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
Learn details about the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). How to set it up, how to make an investment selection, and how to manage it.
Financial Education Classes in Your Workplace
The NSA Bethesda Fleet & Family Support Center has Accredited Financial Counselors who will come to your organization and present a financial topic of your choosing for FREE. We will come to you!
- Do you need to fulfill a general staff/employee training requirement?
- Does your organization want to better understand the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)... what it is, how to sign up, how to make investment elections?
- Do you want a presentation on credit reports and credit scores and their impact on credit standing, employment, and car insurance?
- Do you need a basic personal finance class for new employees or junior service members?
- Financial topics can be customized to your organizational needs and the presentations can range from 30 minutes to full day workshops.
- Financial counseling and presentations are open to all Service Members of any rank, all Federal Employees, all Contractors, all Retirees, all Reservists and all family members.