The Pediatric Endocrinology Service offers specialized endocrine care of TRICARE-eligible dependents from infancy through young adulthood.
Pediatric Endocrinologists are expert physicians who have completed 6 years of Graduate Medical Education following medical school and contribute to the advancement of the field through academic research. Our multi-disciplinary team also includes diabetes nurse educators, registered dietitians, and behavioral health counselors. We offer 24-hour support for the inpatient and outpatient needs of our beneficiaries, and have clinic locations throughout the National Capital Region at WRNMMC (Bethesda, MD), FBCH (Fort Belvoir, VA), and Malcolm Grow Medical Clinics and Surgery Center (Joint Base Andrews, MD).
WRNMMC is home to the Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship Training Program, proudly preparing the next generation of specialists. Our team of award winning clinicians conduct vibrant research and published regularly in scholarly journals.
Services include care for:
- Gender Diversity/Transgender
- Endocrine Manifestations of Cystic Fibrosis
- Endocrine disorders associated with genetic conditions, including Klinefelter, Turner, Prader Willi, and others
- Conditions of the Thyroid, Parathyroid, Pituitary, and Adrenal Glands
- Growth and Puberty Disorders
- Endocrine disorders secondary to childhood cancer treatment
Diabetes Education Services
Visit a Pediatric Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist at WRNMMC or FBCH.
TOL Secure Messaging: Select WR Pediatric Diabetes Inquiry
WRNMMC Patient Education Portal: https://wrnmmc.libguides.com/pat_ed/ped_hormones