Thank a Nurse!
At WRNMMC, we believe our nurses should be recognized all year long. Our nurses are AMAZING, but we don't want them to just take our word for it. If you have a message of appreciation you'd like to share with our nursing staff, please send it to us! You can send us a private message on our Facebook
pages, or send us an email to email@example.com
Thank you for helping us share your appreciation for our amazing nurses!
Dear WRNMMC Nurses,
We hope the messages below will serve as words of encouragement for whenever you need to know that you are appreciated!
- Our nurses are AMAZING! The absolute BEST! Thank you for the wonderful care you provide! – W. S.
- CAPS has the best nurses on the planet: Ms. Claxton and Mrs. Makumbu! Their dedication to patient care is outstanding! It is an honor to work with them! – L. S.
- They are always in my heart. I appreciate their care at the Breast Cancer Center. Thanks. – K. G.
- The nurses in the oncology clinic treatment room are the best and most caring nurses ever! – K. B.
- Our Nurses are THE best, professional, caring and compassionate under the most challenging circumstances! Thank you sincerely for all that you do. – T. S.
- I don’t know if she’s there anymore, but Kathy in ICU took wonderful care of my father multiple times. This was over ten years ago. There were other fantastic nurses and I’m sorry I can’t recall their names. All of them terrific! – E. G.
- They made my stay there very enjoyable. Hard working dedicated staff at Walter Reed. Great Job Guys! – F. J.
- Whether at the bed side or behind the scenes, I truly believe that our nurses are the glue holding everything together. – J. B.
- Wonderful nurses in Prescreen APU, APU, PACU and in Surgery. Hugs from Mama Baer. – V. B.
- I worked Neuropsych, Bldg. 7, at BNH 1964 - 1966, and saluted Navy nurses every day. – M. O.
- We love our NICoE nurses!!!!! – M. M.
- Thank you Nurses!! You are awesome! – L. A.
- I would like to commend my ER nurse, Lieutenant Andrea Jefferson. Though my ER visit was a stressful time for my wife and me, LT Jefferson's professionalism and bubbly personality contributed greatly to putting my wife and me at ease. – J. M.
- BZ to all the hard working nurses. – A. M.
- We love our Pediatrics Nurses on 3W, PICU, NICU, MICC, and PCMH! – NCC Pediatrics Residency at Walter Reed-Bethesda
- Nurses healing hands soothes those who are sick and injured. Thank you for your hard work. – A.M.
- Nurses are our heroes too! – A.M.
- Thanks – S.C.
- Thank you to Alanna Harmon-Guerrero for your work, dedication and always giving the extra mile for all your patients! – M.
- Grateful to the healing hands of the nurses not only at WRNMMC but nurses all over the USA. – A.M.
- (Posted Salute Image) – M.O.
- (WRNMMC Nurses: You deserve to be recognized.) All of them, every single one. – L.H.
- BZ to all the nurses who serve as mentors to junior enlisted. – A.M.
- (Responding to Video of Lt. Krys Coulter) You are one of the most amazing nurses I have ever worked with!! And your story makes me understand your passion for what you do. Thank you for sharing. – T.J.H.
- (Responding to Video of Lt. Krys Coulter) You are amazing!!! I had my daughter there. Best care ever! – S.S.
- Thank you to all the nurses at the Murtha Cancer Center. You make these difficult times a little easier with your caring and compassion. An extra special shout out to Melanie Cordoro NP. – G.R.
- (Responding to Video of Lt. Krys Coulter) I am so glad we met and worked together. You’re amazing! – S.J.
- (Responding to Video of Lt. Krys Coulter) So excellent! – D.L.
- (Responding to Video of Lt. Krys Coulter) Wow love you girl. – K.Y.
- (Responding to Video of Lt. Krys Coulter) YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST! I miss you so much! – L.G.
- My hats off to all the nurses. – A.M.
- My son who has had some life changing medical issues was recently hospitalized here. He had some of the most caring nurses, and his neurological medical team is absolutely fantastic! Very compassionate and understanding. – A.A.
- They are very professional, affectionate, they love their work, they do it with passion and respect their patients and families, they give their all, they focus on what they do to save lives and to provide the best care to their patients, I admire them very much, thank you for that labor of love they do. – E.S.
- I made a list on my phone of all the nurses I could get the name of during my 2 week stay over a year ago! And, I still have it on my phone. Sometimes I could only remember their first name or last names. Unless they wrote their name on my daily board, I had to guess at spelling. I will blame it on pain meds and COVID masks for that lack of name. I know there are some names of nurses and staff I missed, but I remember they were there. But, they were all caring and many of them memorable. I should have made them all write their names down in my phone list for correct names. – A.H.S.
- Nurse appreciation list. I was admitted to Walter Reed for about 2 weeks. By the time I was dismissed many of these medical care takers were changing shifts and rotating to different units. So, I did not get to say a proper farewell and THANK YOU to most of them. And, I wanted to share the names (limited, misspelled or missed all together). Some were civilians and some were in uniform. How I remember their names do not always reflect that. And, How I remember them is often based on our conversations or brief moments with them: They were all having to wear COVID masks all the time. So that often left me to recognize them by their voice, hair style or head covering. Over a year has passed since my surgery that had MANY and strange side effects, which is why I was there for so long. 1. Papa Joe (he was so comforting and assuring that I WOULD get better), 2. Liz, 3. Emily, 4. Anne Olson, 4. Gladys (a nursing student and SO very caring and gentle. She held my hand when I cried), 5. Udo, 6. Adora, 7. Nina Beck (even if she was not my nurse on duty, she often answered the call bell). 8. TJ Wards, 9. Swoope, 10. Nurse De Silva (We had some great conversations), 11. Angela (she sang and hummed while she did her work), 12. Hakeem (I’m sure I’m remember[ing] the name wrong). 13. Yesuf 14. Fontaine 15. Bonds 16. Tabugbo 17. Tran 18. Amanda 19. James 20. Haja (another name that I think is not complete) 21. Goodman 22. 2nd. Lt. Ray Brenner . THANK YOU for all your care during my long and strange hospital time. You are not forgotten and are much appreciated. – A.H.S.
- They are GOLDEN (insert flag, red heart, and praying hands emojis)! – E.M.
- Healing hands of the nurses at WRNMMC. – A.M.
- Love all the nurses, especially the ones I speak to when they call the Surgical Waiting Room. Hugs from Mama Baer, Red Cross Volunteer. Special hugs to the nurses that took care of me in January 2013. – V.B.