Naval Postgraduate Dental School
In 2004, the National Naval Dental Center was disestablished.
In 1999, the Naval Dental School was renamed the Naval Postgraduate Dental School (NPDS).
In 1989, the Naval Dental Clinic was renamed the National Naval Dental Center.
In 1983, the Naval Dental Clinic, Bethesda, was established, with the Naval Dental School as a component facility.
In 1975, the dental school was redesignated the National Naval Dental Center.
In 1971, the dental school was redesignated the Naval Graduate Dental School.
In 1942, the newly designated National Naval Medical Center, including the Naval Dental School, was established in Bethesda, Maryland.
In 1923, the Naval Dental School opened as the Dental Department of the United States Naval Medical School, Washington, D.C. Its twofold purpose was the postgraduate instruction of officers of the Dental Corps of the US Navy and the training of hospital corpsmen to serve as dental assistants.