Overseas and Suitability Screening
The overseas and suitability screening process at WRNMMC is offered by appointment only from 0700-1600, Monday – Friday; with the exception of Thursday afternoon when the office will be closed to support training.
- Please ensure both medical and dental records are available for review.
- We will be unable to process the suitability screening without a current medical record.
The following suitability screening forms may be filled out prior to walking-in:
- Medical, Dental and Educational Suitability Screening for Service and Family Members (NAVMED 1300/1).
- Report of Medical History (DD 2807-1).
All active duty personnel conducting an Overseas, Sea Duty, Suitability, and Re-enlistment screening must have the following items completed:
- Immunizations are current and meet destination requirements.
- Annual HIV test is current and results are in medical record.
- Annual PPD has been completed and documented.
- Type 2 Dental exam is current with a Class I or Class II readiness status.
- Routine Physical Exam is current and documentation is in Medical Record.
- All active duty females must have a current Well Woman Examination.
- Females age 40 and over must have a completed Mammogram within the past 12 months and documentation must be in the Medical Record at time of screening. Contact the Breast Imaging Center at 301-319-8502 for an appointment.
Summary of OSS/Suitability Requirements
Personnel conducting an overseas screening will also need to complete the following:
- Determination of pregnancy for active duty females is a required element for determining suitability for Overseas, Sea duty and Remote Duty stations IAW OPNAVINST 1300.14C.
- Contact the WRNMMC Travel Clinic at 301-319-8369 if transferring to a region NOT listed below:
- Western Europe, Australia, Korea, Scandinavia, Diego Garcia, Iceland, Ireland, Guam, United Kingdom, Caribbean Islands including Cuba and Puerto Rico, and Mainland Japan; excluding Okinawa.
- Bring transfer package and PCS orders to screening interview.
Contact the Readiness Department Appointments at 301-295-3472 to book your Overseas Suitability Screening
Dependents of Active Duty Military will need to have the Medical, Dental and Educational Suitability Screening for Service and Family Members (NAVMED 1300/1) completed and signed by their Primary Care Manager, and Dental Provider. Sponsor should bring all documents to the screening interview.